Friday, August 1, 2008

Almost the weekend!

We did go to WalMart, and I was the very model (of a modern major general) of patience and goodwill toward my fellow shoppers. Or at least I tried, I didn't have to "cart-bump" anyone, at any rate.

I'm so glad its Friday, and I'm looking forward to the weekend--I don't think we have any plans, but it will be nice to have Preston here to help out with Jaxon so I can get some stuff done around the house, if nothing else. We have plans to meet Mom and Elmo and some other family (I don't know who yet) out at Canyon Lake next Saturday, so that should be fun!

On a Mommy note--we put Jaxon to bed last night somewhat late, so I wasn't surprised when he didn't throw a fit when we turned off the light (thinking he'd conked out straightaway). I took my shower, brushed my teeth--you know, all that fun stuff... and was getting ready to turn in myself, when Preston and I heard these funny little noises from Jaxon's room. Cracking the door open, we could see him lying in his crib with a "carsie" (Jaxonspeak for car) he'd managed to take to bed with him, "vrooming" it across the sheets. Too funny to watch him playing in his own little world, I had never really seen the purpose of nightvision cameras, but now I wish I had one.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Love the B-day dinner!! Don't tease my baby. Hee-hee