Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy 19th!


Dear Erin,
I remember coming home from school 19 years ago and talking to Mom on the phone. She told me I had a new baby sister, and her name was Erin.
"Erin? That's a boy's name."
"It can be a girl's name too, Heather."
Whatever, like Mom knows better than me, right?
Anyway, I remember driving to the Hospital later with Dad, Tara and Jen to see you and Mom, and I remember agonizing over the shirt I was going to wear to meet my new baby sister in (I think I settled on a teal shirt), and I remember seeing you for the first time. You were all arms and legs and fingers and toes and beautiful.
You've been so much fun over the years. Your sassy attitude started early. We all know the stories about how your name wasn't Erin, it was Honey--and that you wore my red dress (so maybe, just maybe I fostered your inner fashionista... take that, Tara!). And we all remember how much you loved Ariel.
We're all so proud of you, and how far you've come. We know you're going to do great things, and be fashionable all the way there.
Love,
Your big sister, Heather

2 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Very nice tribute Ms. Ruiz! We sure had fun this weekend, but I think Bob is happy to know that everyone has gone home. No more pony rides in his near future. He can just eat and get chubby for a while. I think we gave him a run for his money (errr...hay maybe?)

Trezise Momma said...

Okay, I made Will take the quiz too, and he is also a Carslisle! I couldn't believe it. I just had to share that with the fellow Esme and Carlisles out there.