Thursday, October 2, 2008

A round with a greyhound

Yesterday morning, Jaxon and Hendrix decided that a boxing match was in order.
Jaxon took a left hook to the eye and what appears to be a sucker-punch to the back of the neck.
Preston happened to be on his way to work, and being the good man that he is, listened to my frantic description of how Jaxon's eyeball was bleeding all over and how he was foaming at the mouth and probably had retinal damage, maybe his artery was nicked... this scratch probably blinded him for life, not to mention the definite possibility of rabies (although in retrospect, I'm pretty sure I haven't ever seen Hendrix foam at the mouth, and upon checking his shot records, he was vaccinated). So Preston turned around, came home, and we spent some quality family time in the Queen Creek Urgent Care.

So, who won?
Well, Jaxon was the first to bleed... but Hendrix got sent to time-out.

[Legal Disclaimer]
Actually, it wasn't boxing--they were playing ball and Hendrix got too excited and jumped, scratching Jaxon's eyelid and neck. Jaxon's eyeball turned out to be just fine; the foaming at the mouth, arterial damage, rabies and blindness were all figments of the Author's overactive imagination. The Author sometimes regrets, but never apologizes for overly-melodramatic storytelling.

2 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

My poor Jaxon. This seems to be a recurring theme in my comments. He really should come live with his Auntie Tara. SHE wouldn't let him be attacked by rabid doggies!

Trezise Momma said...

BTW-where are the promised Proud Auntie pics. I have to live vicariously through others' baby pics. I know that I have one to myself, but I always want another. I think it is an illness. Not sure.