Friday, October 17, 2008

Toddler OCD strikes again

We bought some Halloween candy a few weeks ago to stock the "chocolate bowl" that is a popular fixture in my kitchen, and thus--Jaxon discovered a taste for Reese's Pieces.
A few nights ago, after he ate almost all his dinner and asked politely for some candy, I gave in and let him have a fun-sized baggie of Reeses Pieces. It was while passing through the kitchen a few minutes later that I first recognized a strange pattern...
The next night, Jaxon discovered once again that eating almost all of your dinner and politely asking for a snack works--and this time, I watched him like a hawk. The following photo evidence confirms my earlier suspicions:

How he comes by such strangeness, we will never know.

3 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Things that make you go hmmmm. read Jenny's 6 quirks and I think you will find who can be blamed for toddler OCD. She seems to have a similar issue with colorful candy pieces.

Jennifer said...

Hey now... Tara!! I never told Jaxon about my OCD thingy with candy!! It's probably Preston's fault!! Or maybe he ate the ones that use less food coloring ya know? Like on that wedding movie... We were talking about it the other day!! Yep yep, I'm most certianly positive that that is where he got it!! Haha...

Amber said...

Im POSITIVE he gets it from the weirdo gene in the family! Hello I have such weird hang ups in life maybe not seperating colors but Ill count when I walk sometimes in my head and I can only stop on an even step...yeah its so bad Ive walked right into the road before bc thats when I can stop. Nan and Pop started us so its all their fault!