Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday!


Dear Jaxon,
I can't believe how much my life changed in that moment two years ago that I first laid eyes on you, all ten pounds of you, with your little angry red face and fists waving frantically and yelling for dear life while Otis Redding played "The Dock of the Bay" over the OR radio... and yet I can hardly remember what my life was like before you came along. What did I have to talk about? To think about? To look forward to? I don't remember.
You have brought so much joy and laughter into my life. I have been blessed to be able to spend each and every day with you. I've witnessed every one of your milestones from your first tooth to your first steps and words. I love seeing the world through your eyes, where each day is an adventure.
You have such a beautiful personality, I love your sense of humor and compassion. I love to listen to your stories about "spider friends" and alligators. I love your sweet little voice and your laugh, even that goofy "flipper" one that you do when you're really wound up. I love that you enjoy reading and coloring and playing outside and dancing and bath time, I love that you herd your toys and that you carry around that Cabbage Patch Doll your Aunt Tara gave you. I love that you worry when you hear someone cry, and that you like to wave at everyone in Wal-Mart. I even love that you're scared pantsless of noisy toys.
What it comes down to is, I love everything about you son. Happy Birthday, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Trezise Momma said...

Awww, that one made me tear up a bit. What a wonderful Mommy letter. We can't wait to celebrate together in couple of weeks. I know J is your baby, but he has a corner of my heart in his sweet hand! Love him like I love my own cubbies!!!