Tuesday, November 25, 2008

While on the subject...

That is, my favorite movies of all-time... let's discuss Arsenic and old lace, which, yes I know, is also a play. I know... and yet, I have not seen it on stage because a certain somebody who would normally accompany me to the theatre isn't into theatre. And how he passed the marriage exam, I still wonder.
I won't give a plot synopsis because I just tried to do so for Preston's benefit and he quit listening before I was even halfway done. It could have something to do with my ability to get hopelessly mired in the details and quotes, oh the quotes... this movie has got some seriously fantastic dialogue.
I respect my readers too much to subject them to such meandering.
What was I saying?
Pictures!
This is Cary Grant. He plays the lead role of Moritmer Brewster. Boy was he yummy. I could watch him all day, sigh.

Oh, and here he is again, with Josephine Hull and Jean Adair, who play Abby and Martha Brewster, his crazy-ace Aunts. They've been doing some "charity work" lately, ala Kevorkian.

John Alexander, he plays Theodore Brewster, and I'm not giving anything away when I say that he thinks he's Theodore Roosevelt. Don't miss his repeated charges up San Juan Hill. Absolutely hilarious.

And Cary Grant again, pictured this time with the window seat, which is a sort of demi-character, also with Raymond Massey, who plays Jonathan Brewster. At this point, you might notice his (Raymond's, not my beloved Cary's) uncanny resemblance to Boris Karloff (or you could be saying "enough with the pictures already, woman!") Ah, your powers will serve you well when you watch this movie.

Seriously, go watch it. And, if you can, turn on the subtitles. All the better to hear those Cary Grant zingers. (see previous paragraph regarding the quotes)

2 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Heather, I don't know what to say to you. You are too funny, but a little obsessed. How did you manage a post like this whilst baking up a storm? Can't wait for the yummy pies. The banana cake batter was lucious, so imagine a yummy cake with caramel frosting! Yummy! Drive safe, and hurry to us!

Jennifer said...

Sister you make me giggle!! I'm on the same page as Tara, I really don't know what to say to you cuz you are just that funny!! You need to be a professional writer someday!! I'm counting on it!! Love you...

-Nenny