Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Things you didn't know you missed knowing

I realized I have been remiss in introducing you, my readers, to the ongoing Eco project I like to call bacterial farming.
Or the fish tank, whichever you prefer.

Here are the fish--1, 2 and Quasimodo (so named for his tumor), swimming happily in the BPA-rich environment Preston picked out. We took great care in arranging the orange rocks in a natural formation and distributing the plastic vegetation substitutes on either side of the tank as well as placing the large, noisy pump directly in the middle of the largest flat surface--all to satisfy the laws of Feng Shui. Zen achieved!

Upon sensing a change in atmospheric pressure, or seeing a form (human, canine, lotion bottle or otherwise), approach their tank--the fish surface and ask politely to be fed. This happens more frequently for Quasimodo than 1 and 2, as his tumor is in his field of vision and he sometimes mistakes it for a food-bearing phenomenon.

No worries, I throw some pain meds in the water every few days and stir thoroughly with a whisk. Quasi is feeling just fine, and spends his days therapeutically re-arranging the orange rocks in the back corners of the tank. It has given him a sense of purpose that 1 and 2 lack...

And now that you have explored the fish tank with me, don't you feel complete?

5 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Jaxon named the fish you are referring to as "Quasi" after me! I am offened that you are not honoring his wish to call the large fish "Tara Fishie".

Greg and Janet said...

I just love your blog. You crack me up! I can honestly say I have never seen fish that are taken care of better than yours. Anissa had a fish when she lived with us but she would wait till she couldn't see it and then clean the water...every few months we were shocked to have a "new" fish! We ended up giving it away to someone that loves him so much he sings to him every night.

Jennifer said...

Hahahahaha... Sister you crack me up!! Seriously tho, you are the biggest dork I know!! Thanks for introducing your fishies!! I feel that I know them very well now!!

Angela said...

*frowns* Fishies?

You better not tell us when they die. Just buy ones that like just like 'em, show us pictures, and keep the running fatality tally to yourself!

A fish with a tumor is one of the sadest things I've ever seen.

Elmo's World said...

you have way to much time on your hands....