Saturday, May 16, 2009

Shiver me timbers!

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho."
-"Yo Ho" lyrics by Xavier Atencio


There's been another pirate invasion at the Ruiz household. Captain Fuzzy Nog struck again last week, although Boson Hendrix (the scurvy sea dog) was nowhere to be found--presumably, he was conducting his own raid on the biscuits in the pantry. [Or sleeping in a biscuit-drunk stupor in the lower right-hand corner... many thanks to eagle-eyed Angela!]
Lest you miss a single detail of this fabulous piratey get-up, Captain Fuzzy Nog steps out onto the red (er, brown) carpet wearing a foam pirate hat designed by Michael's, sparkly conductor's hat sticker on his forehead (a tattoo? Or perhaps extra sun protection), a sparkly lantern sticker in place of an eye patch (which, as with most fashionable accessories, is more glitz and glamor than form and function) and sporting an uber-piratey parrot (who has apparently consumed too much of ye olde grog, if you know what I mean).

4 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sorry to report that Boson Hendrix was decapitated as way of punishment (as seen in the lower right-hand side of the photo).

Moral of the story: Do not mess with Heather's booty, er, biscuits?

Heather Ruiz said...

Oy! You've caught me!
Of course, I should have known he was napping. That's all that dog is good for.

Waiting for Tomorrow said...

Thats soo funny! Shane had to point out the parrot for me! Poor Hendrix doens't even realize everyone is talking about him! LOL looks like you guys had a fun day! See you guys sometime this week!

Love,
Deanna,Shane,French Fry

Trezise Momma said...

I love the drunken parrot! But I think you need to monitor the characters Jaxon hangs out with a bit more closely.