Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy 17th, and repeat!

This post is a day late, and I apologize.

For those of you who don't know, these are my baby brothers. Shawn (on the left) and Shane (er... right)--or switch that around, I'm not sure. Those are Cheetos stuck in Shawn's ears and the same in Shane's nose--or switch that around, I'm still not sure. Either way, that's just how they roll. This picture is a few years old, but it will always be one of my favorites.

Dear "Bubba" and "Buddy",
I can't believe you two are turning 17. It seems like just yesterday Tara and I were walking to school, excitedly chatting about Mom's newest pregnancy... and how we were sure that this was "the one". As you've probably been told, Nan "predicted" your birth years before you were ever thought of. So, you know, we were forewarned that twin boys were in our future. Sure enough, it was you two. My baby brothers, long waited for after the gaggle of us girls came along... and much doted on. I still remember when you two came home from the hospital. Shane, with your crazy fuzzy noggin... and Shawn, with your serious crew-cut. We worried that we wouldn't be able to tell you apart, but it didn't end up being such a problem after all.
I remember a lot about you two growing up. The bumps, bruises and breaks. Tara and I quickly rubbing lotion on your poor little eczema'd bodies every night in front of the heater while you cried, the t-ball games and finally, baseball... things like that. You two have always been the apples of this family's eyes.
And now you're growing up. Headed toward the last year of High School and many great things beyond.
We're proud of you two, and all the things you've accomplished, and all the things you've yet to accomplish.

Love,
your big (yes big, I don't care how much taller you two get) sister
"Hoho"

1 comment:

Trezise Momma said...

That was a great post, as usual, Sister! Happy birthday to our baby brothers! I love that picture of them too!