Thursday, July 9, 2009

Like a fish


Yesterday, while I was working in the living room, Jaxon requested to watch "Wallace and Gromit" in the family room. Eager to skip more Wallace and Gromit (although I love them--we have watched "The Curse of the Were Rabbit" several dozen times in the last few weeks), I conceeded to his request.
Minutes into the movie, I heard the unmistakable sound of two-year-old feet hitting leather repeatedly.
"Jaxon," I yelled into the family room, "You better quit jumping on the couch, or I'm going to turn off the movie." And just like that, (and so unlike my son), the sounds stopped. Pleased with myself (and my son's apparently sudden attack of listening), I got back to work.
I was interrupted a moment later by the padding of those same two-year-old feet through the kitchen. Jaxon stopped a few feet away from myself and announced, in a very matter-of-fact manner:
"Mom, I'm not jumping on the couch. I'm flopping around like a fish to get sweaty."

Well if that's the case son, do carry on.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I still think that's it's weird that he has been talking about getting sweaty lately... Who did he get it from?

Trezise Momma said...

The fishy flopping I understand, but to get sweaty? I am puzzled.