Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FYI

Jaxon takes bed nesting to a whole new dimension.
For you folks out there that have had the joy of experiencing Mr. Jaxon Robert at bedtime, you know that he has meticulously catalogued each and every beloved item--and, if they are not already in his crib, he will ask for them one by one until everything is in it's place (he has a filing system that has yet to be cracked by the code breakers, but we're working on it).
For those of you unfamiliar with bedtime... behold:


Not even I was aware of the extent of this toddler OCD until this afternoon, when upon thinking to myself "Self, this is an important (read: time consuming) ordeal in the Ruiz household, you should share it with the world"--I snapped this picture, and realizing that photographic evidence doesn't begin to do justice to the mound of hidden toys under toys, I decided to pull each item out, one by one, and make you all a list.

  • One sippy cup of water
  • One pillow
  • One Wall-E blanket
  • Two baby dolls
  • Four books
  • Four Hot Wheels Cars
  • One Hot Wheels Airplane
  • Two Action Figures (Iron Man and Iron Monger)
  • Three plastic bugs (grasshopper, ant and spider)
  • Eleven stuffed animals
  • One Jaxon

Even I'm shocked.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I am glad "Jo Jo Frog" is still one of his favorites, even after it went for a swim in Hawaii! I hope "Baby C" is as special and unique as my baby J. Love you all!!

Angela said...

You should totally takes pictures of J's random OCD-ness and make an I Spy book out of them! Good times!

Trezise Momma said...

Last time I was there, he also wanted a "nose wipe", so it seems he is paring down a bit. There is hope.

Jennifer said...

Love it... We all know where he gets his OCD from... You!!