Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day


It's no secret that I love this man. A lot. And since it's Father's Day, that means you all get to hear why.

Partly because of this

...aaaaand this.

Also, because he puts up with my craziness. And my cooking. And he works hard for 10+ hours a day, goes to school full-time, and still finds the time to be an awesome husband and Daddy (he even changes diapers!). Because he comes home at the end of a long day, takes Camdyn and lets me have a few Mommy-free minutes. And because he doesn't complain if the house isn't sparkling clean every day, or if dinner isn't ready when he walks in the door. I love him because he looks past the baby vomit I wear and the fact that I don't always have time to get purty-fied for him, or even change out of pjs every day--and he still tells me I'm pretty. And also, he gives me and both of the kids a kiss every morning before he heads out the door (usually before 4:30, even though we're all still sleeping).

I asked Jaxon this morning to tell me why he loves his Daddy, and he had this to say:

"I take after my Dad."

Well, there you go. I would ask Camdyn why she loves her Daddy, but it's obvious. She loves him because he makes her laugh (and he changes her bottom).

Happy Father's Day, Preston! Thank you for being such a great Daddy, and for letting Jaxon take after you, I can't think of a better role model for our son.

And a Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there. To my Dad, who raised 5 girls and (finally) twin boys. To my Father-in-laws, Andy and Dale. To my Step-Father, Elmo. To my Grandfathers, Pop, Pop-Pop, Grandpa Lou and Grandpa Andy. To my Brothers-in-law, Will and Brent, Bryan and Jesse, and to my little brother, Shane. Also to the Uncles in our lives, whether they are still with us or not, you know who you are (and there are so many of you!). A big thank you to you all.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How cute!! Happy Father's Day to everyone!! Love the post Heather!!

Trezise Momma said...

A very nice tribute, Heather. we are blessed with some wonderful Dads in our lives.