- We had a science class together when I was a Freshman in High School, Preston was a Sophomore.
- I thought he was cute. He ignored me. I dated another boy in the same class instead.
- I tried to set Preston up with some of my friends.
- I heard through the grapevine that Preston liked me and dumped my boyfriend the next day.
- We officially started dating December 19, 2000.
- We eloped to Las Vegas 4 months later--just 6 weeks and a handful of days after I turned 18.
- Preston was 19.
- We'd gone to a Journey concert the night before.
♪♫Don't stop... believin'...♫
- We originally intended to get married in Laughlin, but as it was a Sunday, the courthouse was closed. So we drove the extra hour or so and tried our luck in Vegas.
- We were pulled over on the Nevada side of Hoover Dam on our way to Vegas.
- We still don't know why we were pulled over. Could be because Preston drove a bright-orange car at the time with a fin on the back.
- In his defense, The Fast and The Furious was big back then.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Preston and I celebrate our eighth Anniversary today. To get you all into the spirit of things, I thought I'd share some facts about us: